Over a 10 year period 20% of homes will have a significant water damage incident.
Even more than 20% of homes will have to address a minor water damage or something even worse... mold. Will your home be next? In addition to paying out your deductible and your premiums going up, there are numerous other costs and hassles associated with a water damage. Installation of the AWSAM system in your home, second home, or rental property ensures that water damage incidents will be mitigated and you’ll be notified (no matter where you are) if the issue and how it was addressed.
Key system features for homeowners
Monitors your home 24/7 for water leaks
Stops the flow of water to the indicated area if a leak is detected
Notifies you and up to 6 different people when a leak is detected and the water is stopped
Temperature monitoring to prevent frozen pipes or mold
Every component of the system has a battery backup so power outages will not effect system operation
Management of your home's water via your smart phone
Wireless operation and ease of installation
The system conducts its own self-maintenance
Key benefits for homeowners
- Insurance discounts from most carriers
- No premium increases due to water damage claims
- No or low deductible payouts due to prevention of water damages
- Protection of irreplaceable items such as photos, artwork, and family heirlooms
- Savings on the things that insurance doesn’t cover such as mold mitigation, moving out during the restoration process, loss revenue (if you’re renting out your home), and the time it take to replace all of your damaged home goods
- Peace of mind that your home is protected from the most common cause of water damage
Causes of residential water damage
Quick facts on residential water damage
- National insurance companies have documented you are 10 times more likely to have a have a water damage claim due to plumbing failure than a fire or even theft in your home.
- You are just as likely to have a catastrophic leak putting hundreds of gallons of water into your home as a slow leak that goes undetected.
- Slow leaks and moisture buildup go undetected for months while developing mold and mildew costing homeowners tens of thousands of dollars to correct.
- Mold can develop within 48 hours of contacting drywall in warm areas around water heaters, HVAC systems, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, attics, and enclosed spaces.
- The average water heater can flood a home with 1 to 2 inches of water within hours.
Most common causes of water damage in a home:
- Washing machines
- Plumbing fixtures in cabinets/faucets
- Hot water heaters
- Ice makers and refrigerators
- Drain plumbing
- Air conditioning units
- Dehumidifiers and humidifiers
- Water filtration and water softners